Friday 30 September 2016

White on White

Hello guys,
                   I hope you all are doing well. I am so sorry that I haven't posted any fashion post for so long but it's never too late so here I am with today's look featuring DIWAAH handbags.
                   While Indian clothing is my favorite and it has come into prominence once again. Well, if you notice the trends in fashion industry, you'll realize that modern fashion has aped the styling and designing of the bygone eras, the period of royalty, when Maharajas and Ranis used to spend extravagantly on their clothing. Whatever the royals chose to go in for was reminiscent of splendor and luxury. The creative fashion designers of today are in a lookout for ethnic designs that take us close to our cultural roots and remind us of the glorious past.
                  I recently received a hand crafted clutch from Diwaah and on receiving it, I instantly thought that it would go very well with a white on white suit combination to add a pop of colour to it. White on white for me is my most favourite combination and for the kurta as well as my palazzo I thought why not choose a chikan embroidered one to remind you all about Lucknow's glorious past since it came into existence during the period when the Mughals ruled and consisted of styles inspired by foreigners. Chikan embroidery is done manually by the artisans. Since I belong to Lucknow I take immense pride in showcasing the artisan's talent be it the chickan work or the Handcrafted clutch.










I prefer keeping the look minimal so I wore the attire with colourful pom-pom earrings and avoided wearing any other accessory with it. The earrings itself are heavy that they are sufficient to complete the look. While I preferred carrying the outfit with a colourful dupatta which is mixture of Phulkari work from Punjab and Bandhes work from Rajasthan. 







 For my makeup, I applied a silver-bluish eye liner while a light stroke of Black kajal on my lower lid and a mixture of dark brown & maroon lipshade was applied.






I hope you guys liked my look while I would really appreciate if you guys would support & appreciate artisan's work by buying handmade products. For bags, clutches, purses etc you should totally visit Diwaah's Official site and buy some products from there. 

Until next time,
lots of love.

PHOTOGRAPHY DETAILS : Yusra Jabeen

OUTFIT DETAILS : 
Chikan Kurta & Palazzo- Beauty Chikan, Janpath, Lucknow
Dupatta- Mom's Closet
Kolhapuri- Street Style Store
Earrings- Sarojini market, Delhi

9 comments:

  1. Babe!!! You look ladki. 💓💓

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babe!!! You look ladki. 💓💓

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good read and the whole ensemble looks lovley!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good read and the whole ensemble looks lovley!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look really pretty. And I like how the clutch stands out in the entire outfit. Loved the post Saakshee...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice design collection, Thanks for sharing. If you have a more information of luxury bed linen, please share.

    ReplyDelete